Hello my stampin’ friends! Here’s a sweet basket of wishes that is easy to color and quick to assemble! To kick start the design process, I challenged myself to just reach in the drawer of stamps and work with the first one I touched! Today’s winner was Basket of Wishes!
- Card Base 4 1/2″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- 1st Layer 4″ x 5 1/4″
- 2nd Layer 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″
- 3rd Layer 2″ x 4 1/4″
- 4th Layer 2 1/4″ x 3 1/2″
- I was very pleased to have ‘chosen’ this stamp set for two reasons: It had never seen ink before and I got to color! It’s funny to me that I used to be terrified of any coloring whatsoever and now I look forward to it!
- I started with the basket image and of course (for me), topping it off with flowers was an easy choice! The set is photopolymer so it’s very easy to line the flowers up perfectly over the basket image to create a finished image that looks like it is all one image.
- Next came the coloring. I colored the basket in with the light Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends and added accented the shaded areas with dark Crumb Cake. The leaves are Lemon Lime Twist and Pear Pizzazz Stampin’ Markers. The daisy image is Soft Sky, Marina Mist and Midnight Muse (retired). The little berries are colored in Perfect Plum. I love filling in the smaller images with my Stampin’ Markers because of the range of color choices available. Hopefully we will more colors of Stampin’ Blends available soon, but in the meantime, these are great!
- I looked to my Pinterest Layout Sketches Board for inspiration. I’m not even sure which layout I used as I generally use them just for ideas and then tailor them to fit my project. My color choices here were Midnight Muse and Tip Top Taupe, (both retired). I think the color choices really coordinate with the basket colors and highlight the stamped image while the stark contrast to the white makes everything pop.
- The gingham ribbon and bow really add to the rustic, homey feel of the card. And you don’t really notice that the ribbon is Night of Navy…everything just flows…
- A few pops of color with the Night of Navy Enamel Shapes are the finishing touch!
- I chose to put the sentiment on the inside of the card…isn’t the font adorable? I chose a birthday sentiment for this card but really, the front is so general you could use the card for just about any reason!
Thanks for sharing your day with me! I would love to hear your questions or comments about today’s project!
Card Stock: Tip Top Taupe and Midnight Muse by Stampin’ Up!; Stamper’s Select White by Papertrey Ink
Pattern Paper: In Color Designer Series Paper Stack by Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends and Lemon Lime Twist, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Midnight Muse and Perfect Plum Stampin’ Markers by Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Basket of Wishes by Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies by Stampin’ Up!
Tools: Big Shot and Stampin’ Trimmer by Stampin’ Up!
Embellishments: Night of Navy 1/2″ Gingham Ribbon and Regals Enamel Shapes by Stampin’ Up!
Other: Medium Whisper White Envelope by Stampin’ Up!