Believe it or not, the designer series paper I am showcasing today is from the same pack of paper that I used on my Wednesday card, Stampin’ Up’s Blooms & Bliss. I’m enjoying the wide range of colors available in each pack of 12′ x 12′ paper as I feel I can get more mileage from each pack of paper.
- Once again, I let the paper do the hard part, coordination. I might not know what goes well with Mint Macaron right off the top of my head, but the detail in the flowered paper tells me that Island Indigo and Sahara Sand will pair well.
- I typically will mat all of the elements on my project with the same color mat, however, as with many rules, there is always an exception, and this card is it! I mixed up the matting colors to make sure that each patterned paper would “pop”.
- The Birthday Banners stamp set when paired with the Banners Framelits makes a quick banner simple! A second banner in Island Indigo provides a striking mat.
- The Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder adds a subtle texture.
- Stampin’ Up’s gold metallic thread is perfect for adding “just a bit of something”. I love the texture it adds to my project. Applying Snail all over the back of the banner gives lots of sticky surface to adhere the gold thread to. Once finished, I popped the whole thing up on Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The stamps I used on the inside of the card are from the Party with Cake stamp set. Because as you know, birthday and vacation calories don’t count…
My inspiration today came from the talented Freshly Made Sketches design team. They provide wonderful ideas each and every week!
Thank you for visiting today!