What inspires your card making? Do you search Pinterest for inspiration? Or perhaps start with a challenge? Or do you just sit down and have a card come to you? I find challenges a great place to start. And Pinterest is definitely my friend! Today’s card though was inspired by paper. I happened to be thumbing through a pad of paper and saw this birthday paper next to the green and white polka dots and it was all over. It got even better when I looked in my ribbon stash and saw I had both Kiwi AND Candy colored ribbons! Which one should I use? How about BOTH?!? Go big or go home, right?
- I trimmed two pieces of pattern paper to 3 3/4″ x 4 7/8″ and then ran one of them through the Big Shot with the Notebook Edge Die from The Stamps of Life.
- I adhered the two layers together at a tilt. I love how the green and white polka dots just peek out around the edges 🙂
- These bold and beautiful candles are stamped and die cut using the candles4birthday stamps and dies from The Stamps of Life in Candy and Kiwi inks. The colors are so bright and cheery, and the coverage from the ink is perfect…no blotchy images here!
- The sentiment is from the same stamp set, stamped in Memento’s Tuxedo Black ink and die cut using the Stitched Oval Dies from The Stamps of Life (TSOL).
- The pretty ribbons? Yep, from The Stamps of Life card kits.
- Those darling little flowers used to decorate the candles? The Stamps of Life card kits. I like these little jewels, they go well on everything. I think they are meant to be used for shaker cards, but I like using them like sequins 🙂
- And how about Banana for the candle flames? It’s the PERFECT shade! Also, in my world candle flames sparkle, so these are coated liberally in Wink of Stella!
- I love adding detail to the inside of the card. Here I carried the pattern paper over to tie everything together nicely. I die cut white card stock using the Stitched Rectangle Dies and added a sweet sentiment from the morecandles2stamp stamp set.
Please know that I am sharing these products simply because I love them and hope that you might love them as well 🙂
Thank you for stopping by!!
Card Stock: Powdered Sugar & Candy by The Stamps of Life
Pattern Paper: Celebrate Collection by The Stamps of Life
Ink: Kiwi, Candy & Banana by The Stamps of Life; Memento Ink Tuxedo Black
Stamps: candles4birthday and morecandles2stamp by The Stamps of Life
Dies: Notebook Edge and Stitched Ovals & Rectangles Dies by The Stamps of Life
Tools: Big Shot; MISTI; Paper Trimmer
Embellishments: Flower Jewels and Kiwi & Candy ribbons by The Stamps of Life
Other – Envelope – The Stamps of Life