I had to put the dashes in there to emphasis just how I feel about the new Stampin’ Up! In-Color Lemon Lime Twist! And look what happens when you pair it up with Pear Pizzazz! Magic!
I HAD to have the Watercolor Words stamp set the minute I saw it…unfortunately it hasn’t seen much ink. So sad. But I think today’s card makes up for it! There’s so much deliciousness in here so let’s get started!
- Thick Whisper White card base cut to 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Pear Pizzazz card stock cut to 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Lemon Lime Twist card stock cut to 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Thick Whisper White card stock cut to 3 3/4″ x 5″
- This background was so easy to create. I picked a spot just to the left and slightly up from the center of my whisper white card stock and stamped this adorable flower in Lemon Lime Twist. I then stamped it again and again until I had a line of flowers running from the top left to the bottom right of the card. I cleaned my stamp, inked it up again in Pear Pizzazz and added another line of flowers to each side of the first line, layering the flowers like bricks. I repeated the pattern until the entire card front was covered. Each time I started a new row, I changed the orientation of the flower so it would appear more random than it actually was. So So easy.
- The Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies and Scallop Die shape from the Layering Circles Framelits frame out our sentiment and make it look it’s best!
- This delicate leaf die can be found in the Flourish Thinlits Dies. It works perfectly here, so clean and classy. I die cut two of them for a bit more eye candy on the card. Remember to use the Precision Base Plate and the Big Shot Die Brush and Foam Pad to make quick work of die cutting the leaves! No more time consuming poking out the bits with your Paper-Piercing Tool!
- Ribbon. Oh man, the ribbon. Stampin’ Up! has outdone themselves with the ribbon this year, there are so many fabulous colors and textures that I know I will be featuring it A LOT this year. I love it here just layered back and forth on itself. I used Tear & Tape Adhesive on the back of my focal image to keep the ribbon in place.
- I looked through my stash of embellishments and realized that the White Perfect Accents would be TOO cute in the center of all of the flowers. Do you love them? I do!
- I added a bit of the Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper Pack in Lemon Lime to the flap of my envelope. I thought long and hard about the expense when I saw how large the paper stack was. I wasn’t sure I was a fan of the patterns and doubtful of my ability to USE all of that paper! I am now a believer. It’s like music. When you hear a single instrument playing it’s part in a piece of music, it’s just random noise. But when combined with all of the notes from the instruments all together…magic! The paper adds so much to the overall design! And I will use this paper a lot!
- Just a few flowers really pretty up the interior. No sentiment so something can be added later. Or not. It would be great either way.
Ever wonder how to choose which colors to pair up when creating a card? I know I sure do. But I found an awesome tool created by a fellow Pal and member/creator of the new Tic Tac Toe Challenge, Nicole Watt. She is a wiz with computer graphics and you can print a copy of her color chart for FREE here, or you can have it printed on heavy weight card stock and mailed to you for a VERY reasonable cost. I have ordered mine and will have it laminated when it arrives and it will have a permanent home on my desk!
And speaking of the Tic Tac Toe Challenge…ARE YOU READY??? Our very first challenge begins THIS Thursday, June 8th! Visit us now to read up on the rules so you are ready to play along with us and s-t-r-e-c-h your creativity!
Until Thursday! I ADORE how today’s card turned out…do you love it too? If so, please leave me comment and I will choose a winner and send the card to you! Deadline for this little contest is 12:00pm on Wednesday, June 14, 2017. I will post the winner’s name on June 15, 2017’s post. Can’t wait to hear from you!
Thank you for stopping by! I hope you will choose my Online Store for your Stampin’ Up! purchases! I’d love to be your demonstrator!