Hello my stamping friends! Isn’t this little ewe absolutely darling? Oh my gosh, I want to eat him up!
I woke up this morning and checked the latest Paper Players challenge and saw that it was a theme this week…a ‘puny’ Valentine. I immediately thought ‘no way’ because ‘cutesy’ type cards are a bit out of my element, and then I thought “wait a minute, don’t give up so easily. It IS a challenge, after all!” So I pulled on my big girl panties and started going through my stamps. Lo and behold, I found the PERFECT stamp almost immediately!
- Card Base 4 1/2″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- White Layer 3 3/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Flowered Layer 3 3/8″ x 2 1/4″
- Dark Strip 3 3/8″ x 5/8″
- Pink Strip 3 3/8″ x 1/2″
- I’m slowly stepping out of my comfort zone and playing with coloring. Large areas still scare me to death but I thought I could manage this little ewe from Clearly Besotted’s Feeling Sheepish stamp set. Unfortunately this set is retired but it’s been replaced with a set called ‘Ewe Are Awesome’ that features the same darling sheep and grasses.
- I stamped the ewe onto a post it note and trimmed him out so I could place him on my card where I wanted him to go, and then stamped the grassy image twice, once on each side of the ewe. I then pulled the mask off and stamped the ewe where the mask had been.
- The ewe’s feet caused me to have to think carefully as they hung down into my pattern paper area. I eventually figured out to stamp the feet onto the pattern paper, cut them out, and then stamp the feet onto a scrap of white cardstock, cut THEM out and then place them into the empty spaces in the pattern paper. Sheesh!
- I colored this darling little guy with my ShinHan Touch Twin Markers in shades that I thought would compliment the super sweet pattern paper.
- And the sentiment?1? Puny as can be!!
- I finished the card off with coordinating hand trimmed banners, button, and a sweet bow. Love that little finishing touch!
What do you think? I think he’s a keeper, just like my hubby 🙂
Here’s the challenge graphic for the Paper Players challenge this week. Stop on by as they have created some super adorable puny cards to inspire you!!
Card Stock: Stamper’s Select White by Papertrey Ink
Pattern Paper: Heart of Home by Jen Hadfield
Ink: Tuxedo Black by Memento
Stamps: Feeling Sheepish (retired) by Clearly Besotted
Dies: Envelope Liner Die (retired) by Stampin’ Up!
Tools: ShinHan Twin Touch Markers: YR132, YR133, YR27 (ewe); WG0.5, WG1 (ewe); and GY232, GY233 (grasses)
Embellishments: Blushing Bride Button (retired) and Linen Thread by Stampin’ Up!
Other: Medium Whisper White Envelope by Stampin’ Up!