Oh my gosh, isn’t this flower cart image from Stampin’ Up!’s new set ‘Friendship’s Sweetest Thoughts’ the cutest thing EVER??? This was my absolute number-one-can’t-live-without-it stamp in Stampin’ Up’s Occasions Catalog! Mr. Brown just brought me my order this week (with this darling in it) and as soon as I saw the latest Freshly Made Sketches layout by Cecile, I knew it was meant to be 🙂
- Card Base 4 1/2″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- DSP Layer 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Basic Grey Layer 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- White Layer 3″ x 4″
- With the sketch layout in mind, and knowing that I was going to color the flower cart, I thumbed through my DSP collections and tried a few, but this pattern in the Naturally Eclectic DSP paper pack was the landslide winner…I really love the color combination!
- Now how to color the image? Lemon Lime Twist is the green in the DSP so I colored the leaves with my Stampin’ Marker. I added the detail to the leaves after they had dried to give it more depth.
- Next were the flowers and I chose another color from the DSP, Soft Sky. I also used a Stampin’ Marker for this one as well, coloring one layer and waiting for it to dry before adding another layer. It actually has three layers of Soft Sky and a small layer in the center of Pool Party.
- The flower cart itself and the awning are colored with the Light Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends alcohol marker. I added a second layer randomly to give it depth as well.
- The little birdie up top is Soft Sky and Pool Party, and the sweet heart he’s holding was colored with the Dark Pirouette Pink Stampin’ Blends alcohol marker.
- I saw a card made with this ribbon just a few days ago and was reminded that I owned it! It is the most delicate ombre ribbon, soft and pliable and so so sweet in Lemon Lime Twist. I tried the ribbon a few ways and then decided to wrap it like I used to wrap ribbon around Christmas gifts as a little girl. It feels so fresh!
- And the darling bow. I love how it lines up with the angle of the ribbon. I must say, creating this bow was a bit of a challenge as the loops are smaller than my fingers…I ended up using small paint brushes to insert in the loops so I could tie the bow tight!
- I’m so disappointed that the camera didn’t pick up the sparkle on the flowers and the heart from using Wink of Stella, they are so sparkly and perfectly topped off with itty bitty Pearl Basic Jewels. Oh, and I added a pearl to the center of the wheel too 🙂
- I didn’t mention the sentiment before, but it is from the same stamp set. As are the images I stamped and colored on the inside of the card:
- Seriously, this is the cutest set ever and you can anticipate more creations from me using it!
The Freshly Made Sketches design team knocks it out of the park every week with their sketches, pop on over and see what they have created and maybe play along!
Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate you!
Card Stock: Stamper’s Select White by Papertrey Ink; Basic Grey and Lemon Lime Twist by Stampin’ Up!
Pattern Paper: Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper by Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Dark Pink Pirouette and Light Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers; Soft Sky, Pool Party, Lemon Lime Twist Stampin’ Write Markers
Stamps: Friendship’s Sweetest Thoughts by Stampin’ Up!
Tools: Stampin’ Trimmer by Stampin’ Up!
Embellishments: Lemon Lime Twist 1/4″ Ombre Ribbon and Pearl Basic Jewels by Stampin’ Up!
Other: Medium Whisper White Envelope by Stampin’ Up!