Hello there my crafty peeps! Funny story about this card…I started it last Sunday for last week’s Tic Tac Toe Challenge and ran to of time, so it sat until yesterday when I was able to finish it up and still be able to meet the criteria for this week’s challenge! So fun! Here’s the challenge board:
I went with the middle row: Flowers (Free); Die Cut; Sequins. These boards are so flexible and easy to play along with!
- Card Base 4 1/2″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- DSP Layer 3″ x 5 1/2″
- White Layer 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, the cut with the die
- I have a stash of make-your-own-bouquet type of flower sets, lots and lots of them actually, but it takes time to dream up a bouquet so lots of times I just pass on by them. This time I decided to take my time and just play.
- I built the card around this darling Eyelet Arch Borders die by Simon Says Stamp. It’s sweet and dainty so I choose a pattern paper in that same vein. The color of the paper determined my color palette: Soft Sky; Pool Party; Pistachio Pudding; Mint Macaron and Sahara Sand.
- The pretty ‘thank you’ die cut is by Right at Home Stamps. It has a coordinating stamp and the die has a shadow around it. The two words cut out independently so you can use them with the shadow die, or use them the way I have here. I die cut the words twice in Pistachio Pudding (yes, that’s co-odinations case stock, I’m trying to use it up!) and one layer of Mint Macaron on the bottom and slightly offset to make it stand out better.
- I stamped the flowers and leaves free hand, just adding as I went along and following the curve of the eyelet die.
- The sentiment is from Stampin’ Up’s Cottage Greetings stamp set. I had intended for the stamp to be directly on the pattern paper but I smooshed (that’s a technical term :)) the stamp and ended up with a messy image, so…Lil ‘Inker’s Pinking Edge Sentiment Flags die to the rescue!
- Medium size moonstones were added to the flower centers and then I stamped and die cut a few of the itty bitty flowers and added them for balance.
- The yellow pattern paper I used for the envelope liner is from the same pack as the bluish polka dots and I thought it set off the colors of the card perfectly.
I hope you have enjoyed today’s project! If you have a chance, please pop on over to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge site and see the beautiful cards the designers have for you!
Card Stock: Stamper’s Select White by Papertrey Ink
Pattern Paper: Simple Life by Echo Park
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Coastal Cabana (R), Mint Macaron (R), Pistachio Pudding (R), Pool Party, Sahara Sand and Soft Sky by Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Blooming Day by Simon Says Stamp; Script Greetings by Right at Home; Cottage Greetings (R) by Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Blooming Day by Simon Says Stamp; Script Greetings by Right at Home; Pinking Edge Sentiment Flags by Lil ‘Inker
Tools: Big Shot and Stampin’ Trimmer by Stampin’ Up!
Embellishments: Moonstones by Simon Says Stamp
Other: Medium Whisper White Envelope by Stampin’ Up!