Today I wanted to share this fun birthday card I whipped up. Masculine cards can be tough but Stampin’ Up!’s new Coffee Break Designer Series Paper made this one easy!
- Thick Whisper White card base cut to 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Early Espresso card stock cut to 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Pear Pizzazz card stock cut to 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Coffee Break Designer Series Paper cut to 3 5/8″ x 4 7/8″
- Early Espresso card stock cut to 2 15/16″ x 3 3/16″
- Pear Pizzazz card stock cut to 2 7/8″ x 3 1/16″
- Thick Whisper White card stock cut to 2 3/4″ x 3″
- Guy Greetings is the star of this card! What a fantastic combination of fonts and images! Stamped here in Early Espresso they are the essence of cool and sophisticated. I used my MISTI to align the images and then used my Stampin’ Trimmer to trim the card stock down. I provided the dimensions for you, but really I just eye balled it to whatever looked good.
- Coffee Break Designer Series paper isn’t just for coffee! The colors and clean lines lend themselves perfectly to any number of masculine themed cards! And you know I love to line my envelopes…isn’t the striped pattern of the envelope liner the perfect compliment to the card? Love it!
- The combination of whites in the sentiment panel, the background of the designer series paper and then the card base keep the design of the card light and fresh.
- I reached for my enamel shapes to tuck a few in the upper left hand corner, but alas, they are not available in the neutral palette, so I reached instead into my retired stash and pulled out some Early Espresso Candy Dots…love those things! They are the perfect accent! (I realize I’ve been saying that for about fours years now, but when it’s true, it’s true!)
- I finished the inside off with coordinating card stock and a sentiment from the recently retired Balloon Adventures stamp set. It’s timeless!
This color combination is perfect for guy cards and one that I’ll go back to and use again!
Today’s card was inspired by THREE challenges! CAS(E) this Sketch provided the layout and The Paper Players and Stamp, Ink, Paper provided themes! I can’t usually juggle that many but for some reason I managed all three with one clean and layered card!
Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend doing whatever brings you joy!!