Hello friends! I’m back from a blogging hiatus and jumping right in to 2018! Well, actually a few days later than I had planned because I caught the bug that’s going around and was sick from Christmas through New Year’s 🙁 But I’m back on track and playing along with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge today!
When I saw the board for this week, the top row grabbed me immediately and pretty soon this card popped into my head, complete. Does that happen to you too? I tried to add layers, borders, ribbon, SOMETHING, but nope…this card had to stay exactly as I had envisioned it in my head!
- This is an unusually clean card for me…I rarely have just a one layer base, but hey, never say never!
- I used the Blooming’ Heart Thinlit Die and Red Glimmer Paper for the heart…it’s SO sparkly and doesn’t need any further embellishment!
- The ‘love’ sentiment die is from the Sunshine Wishes Dies. I didn’t ever purchase the black glimmer paper (how did I miss that?) so I improvised. I applied a layer of Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets to a scrap of white cardstock and then ran it through the Big Shot twice with the ‘love’ die. I then peeled the adhesive off of one of the dies and adhered it to the other die for depth. I then peeled the adhesive off the top die and dipped the whole thing into some retired Black Glitter I had from several years ago and voila! Black Glimmer Paper!
- It actually didn’t turn out as nicely as I had hoped…if I ever try it again I will use black card stock rather than white! Live and learn 🙂
- I did snip really skinny pieces of Stampin’ Dimensionals and adhere them to the back of the ‘love’ die to give it some separation from the heart.
- I used the Labeler Alphabet stamp set to quickly stamp out the ‘you’ and then snipped it down to size and adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The inside is just as clean and simple as the outside, the Labeler Alphabet really is fun to use once you let go of “perfect”. I have a hard time letting go, so I’m particularly pleased with myself for not corrected my slight wobble with the ‘U’! It’s the little things in life…
And THAT’S it folks! So clean and simple and a great start to a new year! Make sure you stop by and see all of the Tic Tac Toe Challenge design team’s awesome samples for you, and then play along! There are so many options this week!
Card Stock: Stamper’s Select White by Papertrey Ink
Pattern Paper: Sumer Smooches Designer Series Paper (retired) by Stampin’ Up!
Specialty Paper: Red Glimmer Paper by Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps: Labeler Alphabet by Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Blooming’ Hearts Thinlits Dies and Sunshine Wishes Dies by Stampin’ Up!
Tools: Big Shot and Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets by Stampin’ Up!
Embellishments: Black Stampin’ Glitter (retired) by Stampin’ Up!
Other: Medium Whisper White Envelope by Stampin’ Up!