I’m humbled to be this week’s hostess for the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge. I’ve created a sketch that can be interpreted many ways…I can’t wait to see what you do with it!
How are you inspired to create a card? Do you start by going through your paper stash? Or going through your stamp stash? Do you cruise through Pinterest? All of those are great options and work well for me. I’d love to hear what inspires you!
For today’s card, I browsed my paper stash and found two patterns of paper in the Scenic Sayings 6×6 paper stack. I loved the way the colors played off of each other so I pulled out them out!
- Color Coordination – Delightful Dijon and Old Olive are both colors used in the Serene Scenery 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper Stack and look amazing together! I paired them up with Chocolate Chip and rounded off with Very Vanilla
- It’s easy to keep design minimal with the bold and graphic images in the Remarkable You stamp set.
- Have you seen the Thoughtful Branches Stamp Set? It will be only be available for purchase August 1st through 31st! The font on the sentiments is amazing!
- A simple way to ground your design is to make sure all three elements, in this case the flower, the sentiment and the heart, touch.
- I borrowed a trick from my up-line Mary Fish’s bag and punched a heart from the Curvy Keepsake Box Thinly Dies in Cherry Cobbler. I love the pop of color it provides!
I had so much fun with this week’s sketch and I look forward to seeing your creations on the Freshly Made Sketches challenge blog!