As a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I get a sneak peek at upcoming catalogs and this divine stamp set from the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog was at the top of my wish list!
The first chance I got, I sat down to create the card that popped into my head the minute I saw this set. I adore these whimsical flowers!! I used three stamps from the set this time, the sentiment, the large stem of flowers and the itty bitty filler flower stamp set. I did a bit of masking with the little flowers so I could fill in the white spaces. Details:
- I used Stampin’ Write Markers to color the flowers. Let me just say for the record, I AM NO ARTIST. I never took art class and have no idea where the shadows go. And I HATE to color outside the lines. But I pulled the markers out and colored anyway. IT WAS SO FUN!! I filled in the large flowers with my Powder Pink Stampin’ Marker. Once I had colored all the flowers, I went around and added a second layer to add shading. On the next go around, I used my Blushing Bride Stampin’ Marker to added more depth of color towards the lower part of the flowers. Again, I went around a second time for another layer of shading. I also went in and added more color at the base of each flower. I used the same process to add color to the stems. I used Lemon Lime Twist and then Pear Pizzazz for the darker shade.
- The itty bitty flowers are as cute as can be, but after coloring in the larger images, I couldn’t decide if they should be blue or purple, so…I used BOTH colors!! The flowers are colored with Soft Sky and then a dot of Wisteria Wonder was added at the base of each flower.
- Of course, Wink of Stella was added to ALL of the flower stamens, the pink flowers, and the stems and leaves. You can see a bit of the sparkle in my photos, but shimmer is just gorgeous in person. Whoever invented Wink of Stella, I love you!
- The FONT. Isn’t it BEAUTIFUL?!? The catalog is chock full of fresh and very trendy stamp sets! And of course the Stitched Shapes Framelits really bring the sentiment front and center.
- I pulled out the 3/8″ Shimmer Ribbon again, this time in Pear Pizzazz. It’s such a pretty accessory! I just have to share that I originally snipped the ends of the knot much longer, but when trimming I couldn’t get the two sides even and had to keep snipping!! In the end I think the darling knot is the perfect size, so as not to hide any bit of the pretty sentiment 🙂
- I HAD to add some DSP to my envelope and found a very complimentary pattern in the Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper Pack! Don’t you LOVE it when you find JUST the right thing??
I hope you’ve enjoyed this sneak peek of new products coming soon! I’m looking forward to creating so many more cards with this set!! Imagine the fall colors…….