Happy Thursday to you! Friday is just around the corner! When planning your crafty time this weekend I hope you will consider playing along with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge! I designed this week’s board so I can’t wait to see what you create with it!
I had a hard time choosing a row because I love everything on the board! In the end I chose to use the far right column with the bow, scallop and rectangle. And here’s what I created with it:
I really let the patterns from the Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Series Paper do all the heavy lifting on this super clean card!
- I jumped on my Pinterest Layouts board and quickly found a sketch with both a circle and a rectangle and then simply backed my circle with a scallop. Easy Peasy. Why reinvent the wheel?
- With such bold patterns I needed a bold stamp and Stylized Birthday fit the bill perfectly. Did you see that I snuck in another element from the board with the stitching on the circle?
- Backing all the elements with black breaks up all of the bold patterns and makes them more pleasing to the eye
- I used the 3/8″ Shimmer Ribbon in Pool Party on my last card and told you that it looked like it had been dipped in glitter. Here’s a close up of the same ribbon in Basic Black, can you see the sparkle? It’s so pretty in the picture here but even prettier in real life as it catches the light from the sun, so so very pretty.
- Do you hate making bows? Do they make you crazy? Then please check out this video by fellow Pal Ann Schach. You will be making amazing bows in no time.
- I added a flower stamped in Powder Pink underneath the sentiment on the inside of the card.
Please be sure to visit the Tic Tac Toe Challenge and see all of the inspiration from the rest of the design team! I hope to see you in the gallery!
Thank you for stopping by today!