I made this card this past weekend and then was sick and didn’t get the post completed so I’m squeaking in at the last minute for the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge for this week. I’m having so much fun with Fall themes this year! Here’s the sketch that was my inspiration:
- It’s funny that I almost didn’t purchase the fall DSP from Stampin’ Up! called Painted Autumn this year. I’m glad I did because I’m loving the way the patterns play off of each other. For this card, I didn’t add any base layers under the DSP, I just let the patterns shine.
- One of my all time favorite stamps sets is Vintage Leaves by Stampin’ Up!. I just love the illustration of the leaves. I love this leaf particularly (although I have no idea what tree it’s from…Maple?) and stamped it in Early Espresso ink and die cut it with the coordinating framelits.
- The ‘thankful’ die is by Catherine Pooler and came in one of her Stamps of Approval kits. It’s perfect here in Early Espresso. I die cut two of the word dies and layered them one on top of the other for a bit of added depth.
- A double looped Linen Twine bow and a single sweet Early Espresso button (retired) finish this clean and simple card.
- I accidentally pulled out the wrong card stock for this card so it’s Rustic White instead of Vintage Cream, but I think it works better, I believe some ‘accidents’ happen for a reason! 🙂
Thank you so much for stopping by to see my post and I hope you are inspired to check out the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge…they have fun designs to work with, week after week!
Blessings to you!
Card Stock: Rustic White by Papertrey Ink
Pattern Paper: Painted Autumn by Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Early Espresso by Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Vintage Leaves by Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Leaflets Framelits and Envelope Liner Die (retired) by Stampin’ Up!
Tools: Big Shot by Stampin’ Up!
Embellishments: Linen Thread and Button (retired) by Stampin’ Up!
Other: Medium Whisper White Envelope by Stampin’ Up!