We finally celebrated my son’s 29th birthday so I can share his birthday card with you all. 29. Not a child anymore by any means so I wanted his card to reflect who I think he is right now…and I thought this Urban Underground Designer Series Paper, though retired, perfect for him!
- Card Base 4 1/2″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Middle layer 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Top layer 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Left 1 1/2″ x 5″
- Top Right 2 1/4″ x 3″
- Bottom Right 2 1/4″ x 2″
- Sentiment Base 3 1/2″ x 3 3/8″
- Sentiment Middle 3 1/4″ x 3 1/8″
- Sentiment Top 3″ x 2 5/8″
- I managed to use 6 of the patterns in this DSP pack. I love the rugged feel of them!
- I was looking for a basic block font for my sentiment and found what I was looking for in a Papertrey Ink set called Birthday Basics. I used my MISTI to line up the sentiment and stamp repeatedly in Delightful Dijon, Basic Grey and Memento Tuxedo Black
- I also pulled out some VERY old fibers from Making Memories (yes, THAT far back!) and layered them along them vertical seam for some texture without adding foo-foo. My son HATES foo-foo!
- It was at this point that I realized I don’t have the Metallic Enamel Shapes from Stampin’ Up! so I pulled out these epoxy dots from Queen and Co.
- Did you notice the sponging I did around the sentiment panel? I used Basic Grey to add that bit of texture.
- Can you see the flecks in the ivory card stock? I used Rustic Cream card stock from Papertrey Ink specifically to get that textured feel for this masculine card.
I’m pretty sure this layout is an old Operation Write Home layout designed to use up those pesky scraps. What I really like about this layout is that it can be easily updated for the person you have in mind (or occasion), simply by changing the pattern paper out…I think I just may do that!!
Anyway, I know we all struggle with masculine layouts so I hope you can add this to your arsenal!
Cardstock: Rustic Cream by Papertrey Ink; Basic Black by Stampin’ Up!
Pattern Paper: Urban Underground (Retired) by Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Delightful Dijon and Basic Grey by Stampin’ Up!; Tuxedo Black by Memento
Stamps: Birthday Basics by Papertrey Ink
Embellishments: Fibers by Making Memories; Epoxy Dots by Queen & Co.
Other: Medium Very Vanilla Envelope by Stampin’ Up!