Every once in awhile a product comes along that just makes you melt. This pattern paper is it for me. It’s called Cupcakes and Carousels by Stampin’ Up! and is new in the Occasions Catalog. It comes in the perfectly porportioned 6″ x 6″ size and has the most delightful patterns in it!
- So Saffron card base cut to 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Early Expresso card stock cut to 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Cupcakes & Carousels Designer Series Paper Stack cut to 3 5/8″ x 4 7/8″
- Early Expresso card stock cut to 2 1/2″ x 4″
- Cupcakes & Carousels Designer Series Paper Stack cut to 2 3/8″ x 3 7/8″
- This playful sentiment from the Better Together Stamp Set pairs perfectly with the playful pattern paper. It’s stamped in Bermuda Bay and die cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies (first time using them, can’t live without them), and then layered onto a lovely scalloped oval die cut from the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies. I wasn’t sure they would pair together since they are from different die sets, but of course they do, because Stampin’ Up! takes care of us like that 🙂
- The darling party hat was stamped in Early Expresso ink, fussy cut out, and colored in with my So Saffron Stampin’ Marker. I thought about coloring the polka dots in Bermuda Bay but chickened out because I wasn’t sure I would like it and added Wink of Stella instead. Perfect choice! Love it!
- I used Early Expresso Baker’s Twine (which is retired BTW) to make a cheerful double bow and added So Saffron Enamel Dots as the final accent. I LOVE that they are available in all the colors!
- Each layer that you see backed by Early Expresso card stock is popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I love layers and the depth they provide. Hint: I snip my Stampin’ Dimensionals in half so they go twice as far…I may or may not be a Dimensionals hoarder 🙂
- And the inside! This sentiment is from the Balloon Adventures Stamp Set, also from the 2017 Occasions Catalog and is a favorite of mine. It’s so fun here stamped in Bermuda Bay onto Very Vanilla yardstick and backed by Early Expresso card stock. Love, love, love this color combination. My mom insists blue and brown do not go together, so funny enough, they are one of my favorite combinations! lol
Today’s card was inspired completely by my desire to use the Cupcakes & Carousels DSP Stack and this week’s challenge over at The Paper Players:
Thank you to the lovely design team for the inspiration and thank you so much for stopping by!
Card Stock: So Saffron, Early Expresso and Very Vanilla by Stampin’ Up!
Pattern Paper: Cupcakes & Carousels Designer Series Paper Stack by Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Bermuda Bay and Early Expresso by Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Better Together and Balloon Adventures by Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Stitched Shapes, Layering Ovals and Envelope Liner Framelit Dies(Retired) by Stampin’ Up!
Tools: Big Shot, Stampin’ Trimmer, Paper Snips, So Saffron Stampin’ Marker and Stampin’ Dimensionals
Embellishments: Early Expresso Baker’s Twine (Retired) and So Saffron Enamel Dots by Stampin’ Up!
Other – Very Vanilla Envelope by Stampin’ Up!