A few days ago when I was pulling out possible designer series paper options for this card, this was one of the patterns I pulled out. I loved it as soon as I saw it, and since it fit perfectly with The Paper Players challenge this week, I set it aside to create with! It’s part of a bright and fun pack of Designer Series Paper called Bubbles & Fizz which is available for free with any $50 purchase during Sale-A-Bration!
- Card Base 4 1/2″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Calypso Coral Layer 3 3/4″ x 5″
- DSP Layer 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″
- White Layer 2 3/4″ x 3 1/2″
- When I saw the Sure Do Love You stamp set in the catalog, I flipped right on by…wasn’t interested in more Valentine’s Day stamps. But on about my tenth pass through the catalog (do you do that too?), it caught my eye and I realized that the large heart was darling, oh! and then the banner, oh! and then what a cute saying in the other heart! Love button. And of course, if I purchase the Sure Do Love You bundle, I save 10%! That’s how we roll around here!
- If you look closely at the stamped heart, you will see that what appear to be connected petals are actually hearts…love button again! I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then die cut the middle out with the coordinating Lots to Love Box Framelits Dies. I snipped around the outside with my Paper Snips and popped it up onto a die cut rectangle.
- The frame for the heart was created using largest square die in the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies. How did I make a rectangle out of a square? I positioned the square die with one side hanging about a 1/2″ off the edge of the Magnetic Platform, cutting edge up, and secured it with a small piece of wash tape. I then laid the 2 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ piece of white card stock on top, lining the edges up straight and securing THAT with another piece of washi tape. I ran all of that through the Big Shot, stopping when I hit the edge of the magnetic platform, rolled it back through, lifted the card stock off the die, turned it around and laid it down just like I had previously, ran it through the Big Shot again and voila! a stitched rectangle!
- The heart was popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals and positioned on the frame, the sentiment stamped and die cut, a matching heart was cut with the heart die and laid into the center of the heart…I love the dimensional look it has…and then I positioned the sentiment on top!
- A few posts ago I mentioned that I had “discovered” my Lemon Lime Twist Ombre Ribbon, well today I discovered my Calypso Coral Ombre Ribbon! lol I ran my adhesive across the back of the white rectangle layer and then randomly laid the ribbon out behind it, and adhered the whole thing to the card.
- A few Black Rhinestones (retired) add a little bling and draw attention to the sentiment.
- I kept the inside simple with this heart shaped sentiment. The shape and the sentiment itself are fabulous! As you can see, I added an additional layer of white card stock to the inside of the card. I have noticed that this layer of my cards tends to warp when displayed, probably because I add so much to the front, hopefully this additional layer will keep them from doing that!
Thank you Claire and The Paper Players for a sweet challenge this week! I sure enjoyed playing along!
Thank you for popping over to my little blog!
Card Stock: Stamper’s Select White by Papertrey Ink; Calypso Coral by Stampin’ Up!
Pattern Paper: Bubbles & Fizz Designer Series Paper by Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Calypso Coral by Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Sure Do Love You by Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Lots to Love Box Framelits Dies by Stampin’ Up!
Tools: Big Shot and Stampin’ Trimmer by Stampin’ Up!
Embellishments: Calypso Coral 1/4″ Ombre Ribbon and Black Rhinestone Basic Jewels by Stampin’ Up!
Other: Medium Whisper White Envelope by Stampin’ Up!