Good morning and welcome to another Tic Tac Toe Challenge! This is my week off but my niece requested a wedding card so I thought “why not?!” Happy to have an excuse to make a card, lol!
This is the challenge board this week. I chose the bottom left to top right diagonal, gold, embellishment and celebrate:
Now, if you read my last post, I used a layout that I thought could be very versatile simply by changing the paper up…I think this card proves that point!! You may notice I have used some products that are not Stampin’ Up!, but I’m sure you can easily find something in your stash to recreate the general design!
- Card Base 4 1/2″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″ Stamper’s Select White by Papertrey Ink
- Next layer 4″ x 5 1/4″ Sweet Blush by Papertrey Ink
- Next layer 3 3/8″ x 5 1/8″ Soft Stone by Papertrey Ink
- Top layer 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Left 1 1/2″ x 5″
- Top Right 2 1/4″ x 3″
- Bottom Right 2 1/4″ x 2″
- Sentiment Base 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Sentiment Middle 3 1/8″ x 3 1/8″
- Sentiment Top 3″ x 3″
- I’m going to share a secret…the words “pink” and “gold” together in relation to a card evoke a primal fear response in me. I know, but they do. But when I saw this pattern paper with the grey undertone to compliment the pink and the gold, I thought “I can do THAT”. So I bought it! I chose the grey paper with the shiny gold letters as the main pattern with one floral and one simple repeat pattern to compliment it.
- On my previous card I stamped the sentiment repeatedly on the popped up panel but for this card and this sweet sentiment, I visualized it on a banner, in grey to compliment the pattern paper, and embossed in gold to really bring that element out. So…I pulled out a sentiment from Clearly Besotted Stamps and set to embossing a banner! Next, I pulled out a stamp set I JUST added to my stash last month from Concord and 9th called “Hope”. It has these lovely blooms in the set which I stamped in Sweet Blush and Pale Peony with Prairie Grass and Olive Twist leaves, colors by Papertrey Ink. Look at the floral pattern paper, don’t you think the inks match perfectly? Squeee…..
- The flower centers were stamped in Versamark Ink and then heat embossed with Stampin’ Up! gold embossing powder.
- I added a length of pink fiber from my Making Memories stash along the vertical seam line and the looped Stampin’ Up!’s Gold Metallic Thread around the back of the raised panel to add more of the gold element. I also added two of Stampin’ Up’s Gold Faceted Gems to the bottom right and top left of the corner to provide balance (and more bling!)
- I used more of the pretty floral pattern on the inside of the card and then stamped the bloom again in Sweet Blush with Pale Peony Accents and then stamped this lovely sentiment from Stampin’ Up’s Beautiful Bouquet in Smokey Shadow ink. I’m so pleased with how this turned out!
I hope you will take a minute to view the inspiration from the Tic Tac Toe design team for this week’s challenge and perhaps even play along!!
Blessings to you!
Card Stock: Stamper’s Select White, Sweet Blush, Soft Stone and Smokey Shadow by Papertrey Ink
Pattern Paper: Heart of Home by Jen Hadfield
Ink: Sweet Blush, Pale Peony, Prairie Grass, Olive Twist and Smokey Shadow by Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Fancy Sayings by Clearly Besotted; Hope by Concord & 9th; Beautiful Bouquet by Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Pierced Fishtail Flags by MFT Stamps; Envelope Liner Die (retired) by Stampin’ Up!
Tools: Big Shot, Heat Tool and Gold Embossing Powder by Stampin’ Up!; MISTI by My Sweet Petunia
Embellishments: Fibers by Making Memories; Gold Faceted Gems and Gold Metallic Thread by Stampin’ Up!
Other: Medium Whisper White Envelope by Stampin’ Up!