I was feeling very “Fall” inspired when I made this card, in spite of the Santa Ana winds blowing which drive the temperatures up into the 90’s. That’s Southern California life for you!
- Card Base 4 1/2″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Early Espresso Layer 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Vanilla Layer 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Vanilla Circle 3″
- DSP Square 3″ x 3″
- The Early Espresso die cut pumpkin, which together with the Soft Sky sprigs are stand alone dies from the Patterned Pumpkins Thinlits Dies, was the basis for this card and everything developed around it. I adore the pumpkin die cut and have a few more ideas for it, so look for it to turn up again here on my blog!
- All of the stamped images you see here, pumpkins and floral stems, are from the Pick a Pumpkin stamp set and you can get both products bundled up in the Pick a Pumpkin bundle at a 10% savings! Say THAT three times fast!! lol
- The DSP I used is the Painted Autumn DSP and the pattern I chose to highlight has Cajun Craze, Tangerine Tango and Soft Sky in it. When stamping though, I also threw in Pumpkin Pie and Early Espresso for a little more fun and contrast.
- The pretty sentiment is from the Painted Harvest stamp set and is such an appropriate sentiment, no matter the season!
- I arranged my circle (die cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelit Dies) together with a square cut from DSP to for the base for my harvest bouquet. I then stamped and die cut images and shapes and arranged them all around the Early Espresso pumpkin (love) (I had to say it again).
- I then took bits and pieces of the 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon, Linen Thread, 3/8″ Classic Weave Ribbon in Soft Sky, and some retired Pumpkin Pie chevron ribbon (I didn’t have any current Pumpkin Pie ribbon!) and added them to the bouquet, looped around the focal piece and even as banners!
- Lastly were some Cajun Craze and Pumpkin Pie enamel shapes to add that last detail.
- Wait – did you see the layer of cream is embossed with the Ruffled Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder? It adds such a sweet soft detail to the design 🙂
- I kept the inside simple with just a sentiment from the Remarkable You stamp set, stamped in Cajun Craze.
Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever had as much fun with the color Cajun Craze as I did today! What do you think? Is it a color, or a collection of colors, that speaks to you?
Card Stock: Vintage Cream by Papertrey Ink; Cajun craze, Early Espresso, Soft Sky by Stampin’ Up!
Pattern Paper: Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper by Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango by Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Pick a Pumpkin, Painted Harvest and Remarkable You by Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Patterned Pumpkins Thinlits Dies, Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies and Envelope Liner Die (retired) by Stampin’ Up!
Tools: Big Shot, Ruffled Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and Stampin’ Trimmer by Stampin’ Up!
Embellishments: Cajun Craze and Pumpkin Pie Enamel Dots, 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon, Linen Thread, 3/8″ Classic Weave Ribbon in Soft Sky, and some retired Pumpkin Pie chevron ribbon by Stampin’ Up!
Other: Medium Very Vanilla Envelope by Stampin’ Up!