It’s Thursday and that means a new Tic Tac Toe challenge! The Tic Tac Toe challenge board is such a fun concept to aid you in designing your unique projects. Each square represents an element that you can use in your design. Simply chose any elements/supplies on the board as long as the three elements form a vertical row, horizontal column, or on the diagonal. That’s it! Pick from the menu and create using any supplies!
I chose the bottom row: birthday, pattern paper and pink. How fun is THAT?
- I chose to highlight this delicate bloom from the Butterfly Basics stamp set. I stamped it in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, using a post it to mask off the area for the sentiment
- After I stamped the flower, I went back and positioned the sentiment in he masked off area. The ability to do this is why I love photopolymer stamps. And the MISTI. It makes stamping a dream!
- I thought about coloring in the bloom but in the end decided to leave it as is. I think it makes such a statement in black, framed by the Powder Pink card stock and the bold black pattern paper from the Pick A Pattern Designer Series Paper pack.
- And I had to fuss with it a bit, but I was DETERMINED to use this 3/8″ Shimmer ribbon again. It has the most wonderful sparkle to it…I want to use it on everything! And the sparkle really stands out with the black ribbon.
- It didn’t photograph well, but I went over all the shaded areas of the bloom and stem with Wink of Stella and the effect is stunning.
- Two retired Candy Dots provide a bit of balance to the upper left hand corner of my card.
- I SO wanted to add a butterfly to my card and couldn’t make it work on the front, so I added one to the inside as well as adding several in black to the envelope. The lace pattern of the stamped butterfly looks AMAZING in the black ink!!
Please take a moment to see what the other designers have created with this week’s board over at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge and then pick YOU three elements and play along!! Hope to see you over in the gallery!! XX