This weekend I wanted to show a friend how the MISTI (Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented) works. I just grabbed a stamp set and started stamping – NOT how I usually work. That saying “Hold on while I overthink it” fits me to a T!! Somewhere along the way I fell in love with what I had created and realized that it can be fun to just sit down and play!
- This is literally the first time I have inked this set up! I stamped the outline of the dragonfly in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and demonstrated how, if the first stamp isn’t sharp enough, you can re-stamp it easily! Then I added the wings detail stamp in Sweet Sugarplum (randomly picked from my inks), demonstrating how easy it is to line layered stamps up and make sure you get it right! Wink of Stella adds a pretty sparkle to the wings and body of the dragonfly.
- Next came the sentiment. The grid lines on the MISTI make it simple to get the sentiment stamped straight and without the dreaded “shadow” that can happen with a wood stamp or acrylic block.
- A simple snippet of sparkly (retired) ribbon stapled to the card with the retired Stampin’ Up! stapler and a few layers of card stock and BOOM! done! Super pretty and super fast – I think it took me less than 10 minutes from start to finish!
- The envelope is lined with retired DSP, the perfect shades for this card!
- I kept the inside simple with no layers this time…just a pretty sentiment!
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you will check back in soon for more inspiration!