Happy Tic Tac Toe Thursday to you!! It’s time for a brand new Tic Tac Toe Challenge board! The team I am on is “off” this week so you are in the very capable hands of Team “O” this week. The uber talented Jeanie has designed a fun challenge for us!
It’s so easy to play along! Create a new project and use any elements/supplies as long as they fit within the three elements (in a row, column or diagonal) of your choosing from the tic tac toe challenge board. That’s it! So fun to challenge yourself!!
This week I chose to use the middle row: DSP (i.e.:pattern paper), embossing and floral. I was torn on what type of embossing to use…heat embossing, an embossing folder, or embossing paste? Decisions, decisions. I went with embossing folder but feel free to choose any type of embossing.
- I looked at all of the elements on the board and the first one to speak to me was ‘blue’. So I looked through all my DSP and found these patterns in the Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack. When I laid them side by side, they screamed “COUNTRY CHIC WEDDING”. Yes, that loudly. It could be because the series I’m reading has dedicated an entire book to preparing for two upcoming low country weddings. Low Country as in Charleston. And my mind made this association! I don’t really know if this is country chic but it sure is pretty to me!
- I again reached for the Beautiful Bouquet bundle. I thought a simple bouquet of these darling blooms in Dapper Denim would be so elegant!
- Do you love the decorative ribbon separating the two pieces of DSP? I used the new Decorative Ribbon Border Punch to create it. It creates such a pretty transition between the two papers!
- I used the Stitched Shapes Framelits to create a base for my bridal bouquet and then ran it through the Big Shot using the retired Falling Petals embossing folder because I think they look like hearts 🙂
- This Dapper Denim Baker’s twine is so yummy and perfect for this card design!
- Super teeny tiny Pearl Basic Jewels add just the right splash of elegance as does the sentiment in this dreamy font…
- The same dreamy font carries through to the inside of the card as well. Both of these sentiments as well as LOTS more can also be found in the Beautiful Bouquet Bundle. You can purchase the Beautiful Bouquet photopolymer stamp set and the Bouquet Bunch Framelits Dies separately or purchase them together and save 10%!
Nance with The Paper Players design team has created a fun sketch which I used as my guide this week…it always helps to work with a sketch! Please be sure to stop by The Paper Players and check out their awesome inspiration this week!
So what do you think? Is this Country Chic? That crackled paper makes my heart go pitter patter! I would love to hear your feedback!
Make sure you pop over to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge and see what Team “O” has designed to inspire you this week and maybe even play along!!
Thank you for stopping by and have a great day!