How seriously fun is Stella Stamper?? I purchased this stamp set from someone who was selling all of her stamps and thought “This is a CLASSIC!” Had to have it and today’s challenge from The Paper Players to color was the incentive to pull this girl out and color her up!! CAS(E) this Sketch has a great layout and here we are, it all just came together so easily!!
- 1999. This stamp set is 18 years old and inked up perfectly! Now that is Q.U.A.L.I.T.Y.
- There isn’t anything hard about this card, I just stamped Stella with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and pulled out my Stampin’ Write Markers!
- I must have 25 markers strewn all over my work space, so I’m not going to list all the colors. Some are current and some are retired.
- I do remember that Stella’s dress is Powder Pink (I seriously love this pink) and her smock is So Saffron. These are regular markers, not alcohol markers, so some lines do show when coloring, especially when coloring large areas like her smock so I just added squiggles in after the fact. Now it just looks like it’s been well loved!
- I love the cord from her heat tool dangling out of her bag…she’s so excited to stamp she just threw everything in higgily piggily!
- For those who are new to Stampin’ Up!, that’s a Stampin’ Wheel in her hand. We used to be able to purchase different stamp designs wrapped around a wheel so we could use them to stamp borders 🙂
- She who dies with the most stamps wins…in Stella’s case it looks like she who dies with the most INKS wins!
- I colored the ink pads in all different colors, I love how there are smudges of ink everywhere, we must be honest here, stamping IS messy!!
- I backed my colored image with Basic Black and Fresh Fig card stock and added an itty bitty bow to the sentiment in Linen Thread.
- The envelope flap is covered in Wood Textures Designer Series Paper.
Today’s card is a reminder to let your hair down and have fun with your hobby! Stella is and I am too! Hope you make something fun today!!
Blessings to you!