Hello my stamping friends! I’m excited to see the number “14” in the title of my blog post today…I’m almost halfway through my 30 day “post a card a day”challenge!! Today’s card was made with a 20-something young professional in mind. I hope he’s not too old to receive a hand made card from his mom 😉
- The card base is Tip Top Taupe, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and scored at 4 1/4″
- The next layer is Early Espresso trimmed to 5 1/4″ x 4″
- The stamped layer is 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″. I trimmed it close so just a peek of Early Espresso would be visible.
- I wanted a nice masculine pattern and color palette so Stampin’ Up!’s Moroccan Designer Series Paper is the color inspiration for today’s card.
- Guy Greetings is the source of this classically styled birthday greeting. I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp it repeatedly over the card face in Early Espresso, Tip Top Taupe, Cajun Craze and Delightful Dijon
- Fall leaves seemed like the perfect focal point. These leave are from Vintage Leaves and are stamped in Early Espresso onto Tip Top Taupe and Cajun Craze card stock and then die cut using the coordinating Leaflets Framelits Dies.
- Linen Thread peeks out from behind the leaves to ground them and a little knot of thread sits on top as an additional accent.
- Stampin’ Up!’s Party with Cake provides the sentiment today, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black, along with three silly little candles stamped in Cajun Craze and Delightful Dijon to dress it up.
The Paper Players challenge this week is clean and simple: leaf so I’m thrilled to link up and play along with their great group!
And my card also fits the Seize the Birthday challenge where their theme is “Anything Goes” Birthday with the added topping of: “Lots of Leaves” so I am playing along there as well! Whew!
I’m tickled with today’s project, the colors really balance well and make me happy. And with the wind blowing yesterday and today, there are LOTS of leaves on the ground! It’s almost like fall here in Southern California!! (Almost)