Hello my stamping friends!
I’m here today with my take on a recent technique demonstrated by Jennifer McGuire and a color palette inspired by Pinterest.
- Thick Whisper White card base cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and scored at 4 1/4″
- Additional layer of Thick Whisper White card stock, cut to 5 1/4″ x 4″ and embossed with the Sparkle Embossing Folder
- To create the striped panel, I started with a base of Thick Whisper White cut to 5 1/2″ x 2″. I adhered a piece of Sizzix Adhesive Sheet cut to the same measurement on top of the Whisper White panel and peeled back the top sheet of backing. I layered strips of multi colored card stock on top, all pieces trimmed to 1/4″ wide. Once all the thin strips were attached to the base, I trimmed the excess off using my guillotine trimmer (retired by Stampin’ Up!, but never by me!)
- I played around with different color combinations to create my modern palette. In the end I went with Real Red, Gumball Green (retired), Bermuda Bay and Smoky Slate.
- I ran the “merry” sentiment through the Big Shot and then replaced the colored section with the sentiment in Thick Whisper White.
- The stamp set Banners for Christmas provided the additional sentiment, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black.
- I used the Pretty Pines Thinlits Dies for the sprigs of mistletoe and darling bow. All are covered liberally in Wink of Stella and a simple Bermuda Bay Enamel Dot finishes things off
- A pretty sentiment from the Christmas Pines Stamp Set dresses the card interior, prettily stamped in coordinating colors
- I used a pattern in Bermuda Bay from the retired Have a Cuppa DSP stack and the retired Envelope Liner Die to line my envelope
Thank you so much for stopping by today, I hope you have enjoyed my modern Christmas card!