There are so many wonderful new stamps out there but when I saw someone letting go of this beauty from 2003, I couldn’t pass it up. New is great but I encourage you to look through your stash and pull out a stamp that hasn’t seen ink in awhile and see if it doesn’t make you happy that you kept it all these years!
- Card Base 4 1/2″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Next Layer 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Layer 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Larger Block Base 2 3/4″ x 4 1/2″
- Larger Block DSP 2 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- Smaller Block Base 2 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Smaller Block Image Layer 2″ x 3″
- I made some Halloween purchases from Stampin’ Up! last year and then never made any cards so this year I just pulled out last year’s Halloween Night DSP. I love the combinations of patterns, colors and images in this DSP pack. Don’t the Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black just pop?
- I stamped my sweet image from the Halloween Smiles stamp set, circa 2003, in Versafine Onyx Black ink. I had been told years ago that it was a favorite ink of stampers but was too stubborn to try it out. Well, ladies and gentlemen, this ink is DIVINE!! It stamped all my images, even brand new never-inked-up photopolymer stamps, perfectly. See the bats, spider and pumpkin faces on my envelope? No MISTI used. Just brand new photopolymer stamps on blocks and they stamped the complete image perfectly, as well as perfectly crisp and bright. I have a new favorite!
- Again, the crispness of the images! I so amazed!! And sorry I was a doubting Thomas for so long!
- This adorable Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black Baker’s Twine is also from last year’s Stampin’ Up! holiday catalog, as is the ‘happy halloween’ sentiment and all of the images stamped on the envelope. They are all from the retired Spooky Fun stamp set. It’s a set with classic halloween images so I know I will keep it and use it…hopefully someday for grand babies!
- How sweet is this sentiment from the Halloween Smiles stamp set? And it pairs perfectly with this smiling bat from the Spooky Fun stamp set. It’s not often you see a smiling bat! 🙂
Today’s layout is courtesy of Nance of The Paper Players design team. Such a fun clean sketch…thanks Nance!
If you are in the US, I hope you are enjoying your first days of Fall! Fall here in Southern California means windy and hot, and today did not disappoint! I was determined to leave the window open in spite of the wind, and spent more time than I should have chasing elements around my desk and whisking them off the floor! lol
Card Stock: Basic Black and Pumpkin Pie by Stampin’ Up!; Stamper’s Select White by Papertrey Ink
Pattern Paper: Halloween Night (retired) by Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps: Halloween Smiles (retired) and Spooky Fun (retired) by Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Envelope Liner Die (retired) by Stampin’ Up!
Tools: MISTI by My Sweet Petunia (for the sentiment)
Embellishments: Basic Black/Pumpkin Pie (retired) Baker’s Twine by Stampin’ Up!
Other: Medium Whisper White Envelope by Stampin’ Up!