Today I paired the Santa’s Sleigh Stamp and Thinlits Dies Bundle with the Warmth & Cheer Designer Series Paper Stack. This card has such a warm and cozy feel to me. It also fits perfectly with the challenge to use plaid over at Merry Monday so I’m playing along!
- This card has just a few(!) layers. Here are the dimensions of each layer from base to top:
- Card Base 4 1/2″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Basic Black 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Warmth & Cheer Designer Series paper 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Basic Black 3 3/4″ x 5″ (this layer is popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals)
- Cherry Cobbler 3 5/8″ x 4 7/8″
- Thick Whisper White 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″
- I was able to quickly turn scraps of paper into banners with the Triple Banner Punch. Baker’s Twine makes adding a pretty bow a snap!
- Red and Black is an uncommon color combination to me, but wow, does it ‘POP” here! The whole card feels very classic and timeless.
- The Santa’s Sleigh stamp set and coordinating dies are amazing as stand alone images (see this card here) but also have huge potential when paired together in a scene. I stamped both the reindeer and the wreath images in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, die cut them both (note that there is a die to cut out the inside of the wreath) and paired them up, snipping through the wreath and wrapping it around the reindeer’s neck. The wreath looks so sweet and he looks so proud to be wearing it!
- I used a Blender Pen and Stampin’ Markers in Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler to color the holly leaves and add in berries. If you don’t have Stampin” Markers, an alternative would be to pool some ink from your ink pad into the lid, and then dip the blender pen into that to pick up ink. The wreath sparkles with Wink of Stella.
- I couldn’t resist using the eye from the Owl Builder Punch to add Rudolph’s nose. And it sparkles! I do so love Wink of Stella!!
- Two sentiments from the Santa’s Sleigh stamp set grace this card. One on the front and the other on the inside. I love to add card stock in coordinating colors on the inside as well. It’s totally not “necessary” but I love the look and heft of the card with all the layers. All told, this card has 9 layers!! Eek!! Extra postage for sure, lol. The little stars are from the Stitched with Cheer stamp set. I love the added detail. And sparkle. Because of course they sparkle 🙂
What do you think? This card is technically clean and simple, but really falls more into the clean and layered category. I love them both!