I hadn’t planned on blogging again until tomorrow but then saw that the Mojo Monday card challenge has issued their last challenge.
Mojo Monday was one of the first card challenges I played along with as I began card making and stepped into the world of blogging. I have fond memories of creating with their sketches and still turn to the sketches for inspiration. But 500 is a LOT of challenges and I can understand the need to end it and begins new life chapter. So thank you. Thank you for your creative sketches and endless inspiration.
When I saw this sketch I was immediately drawn to the colors and patterns of the new Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper, which coincidentally was delivered to my house yesterday! Perfect timing! I truly enjoyed mixing all of the beautiful patterns and colors to come up with this:
- Thick Whisper White card base cut to 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Thick Pear Pizzazz card stock cut to 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper cut to 4″ x 2 1/4″
- Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper cut to 1/2″ x 4 3/4″
- Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper cut to 1″ x 4″
So many fun new items to share today! Let’s go!
- Patterns, Patterns, Patterns – Stampin’ Up! does all of the work for you!
- As soon as I saw the dotted pattern paper, I knew that I had to figure out how to get a bow on my design. A bow made out of the 5/8″ Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon. Absolutely had to be! I had to play around with the design for awhile but finally worked it out. Isn’t is an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G new product??
- I also had a vision of using the flower die from the Eclectic Layers Thinlits Dies. I had seen it used in one of the catalog samples and knew I had to get it on to my card. But a bow AND a flower die?? That’s a lot of STUFF on my card for this girl! But that leaf die! I HAD to use it too!! They stamped up so prettily in Lemon Lime Twist and actually ground the flower perfectly and really balance out that large bow.
- I chose a sentiment with a lot of movement in it. It seems to pair well with the soft appeal of the crinkled ribbon. The sentiment is from the Floral Phrases stamp set. I think it’s actually meant to go on the inside of the card but I loved how it fit with my card design so I used it on the front!
- And those pearls!! So sweet, right? I normally don’t EVER use the large pearls but they also really seem to work well with the card design…
- I wanted a “thank you’ sentiment on the inside of the card so i went hunting through my stamp sets and found this nice large one in the Background Bits Hostess Stamp Set. It wasn’t until I had stamped it and was putting the card together that I realized that the font was exactly the same as the one used on the front of the card! Huh! How about that!?! Thanks Stampin’ Up!! You rock!
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s card. I loved playing along with the last Mojo Monday challenge as well as breaking out a few new goodies! I will see tomorrow with our first Tic-Tac-Toe challenge! Can’t wait!!
Thank you for stopping by!