Hi friends! It’s time for a new challenge at the Fusion Card Challenge! The photo inspiration is much different this time. Last time we had bright colors with flowers and this time we have a much different feel to the flowers:
I love the rustic feel to everything in the photo. I had an idea pop into my head but what I created turned out a bit differently than I had imagined!
My first thought was to find a pattern paper to mimic the black and white polka dots, which I did. But I also pulled out a wood grain pattern as well as a floral. Even though the inspiration photo doesn’t really have much color, I couldn’t seem to help myself 🙂
- I stayed true to the sketch and used stitched dies on every piece. It’s there at the edges of the black and white background paper, around the floral pattern, the bit of green popping up as well as the oval. I find the stitching a wonderful way to add a bit of texture to my projects.
- I pulled the colors for my bouquet from the pattern paper, ending up using inks from several different companies.
- I wasn’t sure how I wanted to layer the flowers so I decided to just lay all of the stamps out onto white card stock and stamped them all in one color. I cleaned the stamps off, moved them on the card stock, and inked them all up in the next color. The MISTI made this process so quick and easy, as well as allowing me to re-stamp to get a fully stamped image.
- I don’t dies for this stamp set so I ran the whole sheet of stamped images through my Brother ScanNCut and it cut them all out for me…I’m really enjoying all of the new tools on the market for stampers and scrappers! I thought I would share some photos of the process:
- After arranging the flowers and stamping the sentiment, I added two banners to the floral pattern, tying in both the background and envelope print.
I added Wink of Stella to the flower centers and a few random spots. And of course, I finished the inside (this is my goal this year…to finish the of my cards while I still have the stamps out!
The rest of the team and their guest designers have created beautiful cards for your inspiration, I have provided links to make visiting them super easy. We would love to see your creations over in the gallery!!
The Fusion Card Challenge Design Team:
- Julia Aston
- Katie Brooks
- Brandi Hall
- Lyndal Higgins
- Jeanne Jachna
- Karren Johnson
- Betty Juchum
- Deanne Kay
- Lynn Mangan
- Sandie Munro
- Stephanie Serevin
- Michelle Lupton
- Kimberly Wiener
- Michelle Williams
Thank you so much for visiting me today!
Cardstock: Stamper’s Select White by Papertrey Ink; Basic Black by Stampin’ Up!
Pattern Paper: The Story of Us by Simple Stories
Ink: Artichoke by The Stamps of Life; River Rock, Baked Brown Sugar (retired), Delightful Dijon by Stampin’ Up!; Fog, Smoke, Slate, And Stone by Simon Says Stamp
Stamps: Filled with Joy (flowers) and Rustic Wreath (random background dots) by by Papertrey Ink; Peaceful Wildflowers (sentiment), Blueprints 23 (scallop edge), Vertical Stitched Strips (floral pattern piece) Fishtail Flags: Stitched (banners) by MFT Stamps; and finally Stitched Mats: Rectangles by Lil ‘Inker
Dies: Stitched Mini Scallop Oval Dies by MFT Stamps
Tools: Brother CutNScan
Embellishments: Wink of Stella