Welcome Friends! It’s time for a new Tic Tac Toe challenge! I SO enjoy playing with this challenge – sometimes the boards are hard for me and then others come very easily. I love that and feel challenged as a card maker to stretch and grow! I hope you’ll find yourself intrigued and excited with the challenge and join us this week! Here’s the latest challenge board!
- I was so excited to received the new ‘Painted Harvest’ stamp set in my Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog preorder and already had a rough idea for a card in my head when I looked at the challenge board and thought the first column on the board would be perfect for my idea; burlap, flower and leaf.
- I ADORE sunflowers and this set is delightful with two layering stamps for the sunflower to create depth, one stamp for the center and another for the center dots. I’m not QUITE ready for fall though, in Southern California we don’t really have fall, it will be in the 100 temps through October so I decided to stamp them in another fun color instead!
- I stamped first with the background stamp, stamping three times with Soft Sky ink. The Stamp-A-Ma-Jig is the perfect tool to make sure I stamp in exactly the same spot! I then stamped over it exactly with the detail image, again stamping three times in Soft Sky and using the guide provided on the stamp set to line the images up perfectly. What a help that was!!
- The center is stamped with Crumb Cake ink and then I stamped over it in Crumb Cake again with the little detail dots stamp.
- I used the little dots stamp again in So Saffron to add yellow detail around the flowers, stamping off for a more subtle effect.
- Timeless Textures has the perfect little splatter stamp so I added random splatters to my card, stamping off again for a softer look.
- This font for the thank you sentiment is the prettiest ever! This stamp can be found in the retired Thoughtful Branches stamp set…a keeper for sure!!
- I pulled out some retired ribbon for the burlap element, snipping it into a banner and attaching it to my card front with the retired handheld stapler.
- I rarely make one layer cards but I forgot to trim my card front down prior to doing my stamping and then was so in love with the final product that I couldn’t bring myself to cut it down, so this is a one layer card and I’m using that for the ‘free’ space on the challenge board:)
- I added Wink of Stella to the flowers and leaves (of COURSE I did!) so they all sparkle SO prettily!
- And did you SEE the envelope!! Oh my gosh! I couldn’t stop stamping these adorable sunflowers! Scroll up to take a peek!! SO FUN!!
I had the BEST time with this challenge board and managed to use eight of the nine boxes on this one clean and simple card!
Please do visit the Tic Tac Toe Challenge and see what other amazing inspiration the design team has for you and I hope to see you over in the gallery!