Hello there! Today is Sunday and that means another challenge from the Sunday Stamps bi-weekly challenge! This week we have a color combination for you:
My first impression of the inspiration photo was Christmas and I thought to myself “That’s got to be a mistake!” I was so caught up with the items in the photo that it took me a few moments to actually see the color banners! My interpretation of the colors was Cherry Cobbler, Early Expresso, Crumb Cake and Basic Gray. I pored through my stamp collection and found just the right thing!
I was thrilled to ink up this never-been-used-before stamp set called You’ve Got This by Stampin’ Up! I’m quite pleased with this color combination though it’s a bit outside of my box. This color combination can be used for both men and women and with the sentiment, I think it covers many occasions.
I went to grab Crumb Cake card stock and I always check my scrap bag first and found an already die-cut piece ready to go! Cool!
- I stamped off once before stamping the background texture stamp in Crumb Cake ink. The flower is stamped in Early Expresso and the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler.
- I looked through my wash tape collection and found this cute red polka dot wash tape – perfect!
- A simple hand trimmed banner fulfills the grey aspect of the challenge 🙂
- One button topped off with a twine bow adds to the rustic feel of the color combination and adds a bit of pizzazz to the design
- Two Cherry Cobbler candy dots are the perfect accent to balance the layout.
- Adding to the inside and lining your envelopes is a simple way to add extra love to the project!
I’m on a mission to use every stamp in my stash as well as use some of that bling I love to buy but struggle to use! So be prepared to see more ‘stuff’ on my cards! Which do you prefer: clean and simple; a bit of bling; or do you like to add LOTS of bling? I would love to hear from you!
I hope that my project has inspired you to join us in this challenge, for more inspiration please visit these lovely ladies:
- Lisa Johansen
- Monika Reeck
- Katie Brooks
- Annette Elliott
- Claire Broadwater
- Teresa Kline
- Amy Koenders
- Leena Girsa
- Angel Johns
Thank you for visiting today!
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, and Early Expresso by Stampin’ Up!
Pattern Paper: Under the Tree Designer Series Paper (retired) by Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, and Early Expresso by Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: You’ve Got This by by Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Envelope Liner Die by Stampin’ Up!
Embellishments: Cherry Cobbler Candy Dots and Washi Tape (retired) by Stampin’ Up!; Natural Twine by May Arts; Button by Making Memories (from my stash)