I’ve been on a roll with fall cards and colors, and will go BACK to fall cards and colors, but I wanted to take a moment to remind us all that there are only 13 Fridays before Christmas! Eek! So if I only make one Christmas card a week from here on out, I will only have 13 made. That will NOT do at all…what is on YOUR to-do list? Anything yet?
- Card Base 4 1/2″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Next layer 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Top layer (DSP) 2 1/2″ (cut at 1 1/2″) x 4 1/2
- I wasn’t sure about black as a Christmas card but have to say that after using this fabulous paper, I’m a convert! Basic Black and Old Olive look stunning together…very classy.
- I kept very close to the sketch with this card, simply changing out the rectangle on the left hand side for the Christmas Tree from Santa’s Sleigh. I stamped the tree in Tuxedo Black right onto a simple pattern from the Merry Little Christmas DSP pack, and then die cut the tree with the coordinating die.
- The tree is popped up off of the simple black star pattern DSP, also from the Merry Little Christmas DSP pack, and next to it is a sweet sentiment from the Christmas in the Making stamp set. I stamped the sentiment in Tuxedo Black and then again in Versamark and then heat set clear embossing powder on it to make the sentiment really pop.
- Simple Black Baker’s Twine looped around the card and tied in a pretty bow give the card a nice balance of the three elements. Old Olive Enamel Dots are the perfect finishing touch!
- I purposely kept all of the design elements clean, no layers or extras. This would be a good card to mass produce.
- And isn’t the plaid pattern I used for the envelope liner fabulous?!? It’s so pretty, it’s hard to cut into!
- I kept the inside simple as well with just a simple sentiment from the Snowflake Sentiments stamp set stamped in Tuxedo Black. The set also as this A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E little swirl which I stamped in Old Olive. I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to get the placement I wanted.
Thank you to the Freshly Made Sketches design team for another outstanding and inspirational sketch! Without it this card would never have been born!
And remember, only THIRTEEN more Fridays until Christmas!!! 🙂
Card Stock: Stamper’s Select White by Papertrey Ink
Pattern Paper: Merry Little Christmas by Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Old Olive by Stampin’ Up! and Tuxedo Black by Memento
Stamps: Santa’s Sleigh, Christmas in the Making and Snowflake Sentiments by Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Santa’s Sleigh, Layering Circles and Envelope Liner Die (retired) by Stampin’ Up!
Tools: Big Shot, Heat Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig by Stampin’ Up!; MISTI by My Sweet Petunia
Embellishments: Old Olive Enamel Dots and Basic Black Baker’s Twine by Stampin’ Up!
Other: Medium Whisper White Envelope by Stampin’ Up!